The Association of Real Estate Agents Uganda (AREA-Uganda), Uganda Society of Architects (USA), Institution of Surveyors of Uganda (ISU) together with Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) are organizing the 1st ever Annual Built Environment Conference (ABEC) slated to take place from 14th to 15th November 2022 at Serena Hotel Kampala. This will be a rotational Conference to be hosted by the 3 organizations: USA, ISU and AREA-Uganda. This year’s Annual Built Environment Conference will be hosted by the Uganda Real Estate Investment Conference (UREC). The theme of this year’s conference is “Net Zero”. We will be focusing on construction using advanced science based technologies, energy efficiency and renewable energy to build homes or buildings that are environmentally friendly and sustainable. We will also look at how the informal settlements contribute to the Net Zero campaign.
The Conference, Expo and Professional clinic will run for 2 days and features presentations from well selected speakers and Keynote addresses from experienced and well researched Industry players. The conference general and plenary sessions will be accompanied by workshops, a 2-day exhibition by leading industry players and manufacturers from across East Africa plus a free consultation session by sector professionals targeting players in the Built Environment value chain in Uganda and beyond. We are looking at over 300 manufacturers of construction materials, over 2500 professionals in the sector, 200 plus investors and close to 100 policy makers and decision makers across East Africa.
The conference is mainly aiming for networking, business exchange, sharing of knowledge and experiences, and dissemination of information among academia, Built Environment professionals, Agents, developers, investors and policymakers on how to build sustainable Cities in Uganda.
Building Sustainable communities in East Africa.
To create and expose opportunities to the Built Environment sector players towards achieving sustainable communities in the East African region and beyond.
- To pool and engage experts, researchers, manufacturers, Investors, developers and colleagues in the Built Environment and to exchange workable concepts, innovative ideas in the line of sustainable development.
- To create and expose opportunities available in the Built Environment Sector in the region and beyond.
- To create a business forum for the promotion of members’ business success by encouraging favorable cross-border trade practices.
- To advocate for favorable policies in the Built Environment Sector in the East African Region.
- To create a forum for deliberating and developing solutions to challenges in the Built Environment and its practice in the region.
- To promote professionalism in the Built Environment Sector.
THEME AND TOPICS
This year’s theme is Net-Zero. This theme will prompt examination, discussion and dissection of the fundamentals of sustainable development and explore how stakeholders can secure their real estate future through the following key topics:
- Net Zero: Bringing the carbon footprint to zero. ( Green building, vernacular Architecture, traffic decongestion, sustainable designs and construction, Urban green infrastructure & planning, Waste & wastewater management for enhanced sustainability, Solar energy & bio-energy, Alternative clean energy, Climate change & reducing greenhouse emissions, , Sustainable materials and technologies.)
- Infrastructure Investment for Real Estate Growth: We will be looking at how infrastructure investment by government can facilitate growth and also make housing more affordable.
- Valuation: Trends, methodology and Pricing: We will be looking at how valuation has evolved over the years, What is the driver of prices/values of housing, vernacular valuation and its effects on Real Estate Growth
- Alternative Housing Financing: What alternative funding sources are available for Real Estate Investors? We will be looking at Housing finance and how we can ensure that people are living in decent and affordable housing.
CONFERENCE ORGANISERS AND LOGISTICS
The Conference is organized by the Association of Real Estate Agents Uganda, hosted by the Uganda Real Estate Investment Conference in collaboration with Institution of Surveyors Uganda (ISU) and Uganda Society of Architects (USA) and Private Sector Foundation Uganda.
THE CONFERENCE WILL TARGET;
Surveyors, Architects, Engineers, Real Estate Agents, Property Managers, Property Developers, Transaction Advisors, Government, Regulators, Contractors, Project Consultants, , Project Financiers, Academia, Civil Society, Students, policy makers, manufacturers and the public.
CONFERENCE FEES AND SPONSORSHIP.
Participants Fees: 350,000UGX
Members 250,000UGX (USA, ISU, UNABCEC, AREA-Uganda)
International Participants: $ 200 (Exclusive of Accommodation)
(Contact organizers for booking and Airport pick up).
SILVER SPONSORS: 20,000,000 UGX
Limited to eight sponsors
- Silver level logo placement across all collateral
- 1Speaking Slot (1 Panel)
- 5 free in person attendee passes (inclusive of speaker)
- 1 page Advert in Event Brochure
- Placement of content in delegate bags & chairs
- 1 pre-conference thought leadership interview to be published on ABEC platforms
- In-person Expo Space 3m by 3m
- Physical Booth / Page on ABEC Platform
- 1-customized email to event database
- 1 insertion into ABEC quarterly Newsletter
INDUSTRY SPONSORS: 5,000,000UGX
- Industry Level Logo on all collateral
- 2 free in person passes
- 1 Physical booth
Advertise on website
SPECIAL TABLES FOR COMPANIES.
VIP TABLE 10,000,000UGX
Industry level logo on all collateral
Panel speaking slot
Free in person passes for 5 delegates
1 physical booth
VIP TABLE 5,000,000UGX
Industry level logo on all collateral
Free in person passes for 3 delegates
Advertise inside & outside hall.
EXHIBITORS 3*3m STALL 3,000,000UGX
One 3*3 table
2 chairs for delegates
Meals for 2 persons for 2days
Unlimited branding outside the hall
For booking and more information about The 1st
Annual Built Environment Conference please get in touch with Linda Nabakka 0708575631 (AREA-Uganda). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org